[title size=”1″]Organist/Pianist (Music Assistant)[/title]
The organist (pianist)/music assistant is responsible to the minister of music for serving at the organ/piano and assisting in the music ministry.
- Play the instrument for all regular and special services of the church.
- Serve as accompanist for choirs, ensembles and soloists in regular and special rehearsals and performances, as needed.
- Play for weddings and funerals as requested.
- Assist in planning worship services, choir rehearsals and special music events.
- Plan and give direction to a training program designed for developing organists/pianists in the church.
- Maintain a regular schedule of organ practice and study.
- Serve as secretary to the minister of music, if required.
- Maintain music ministry files, library and equipment.
- Work with the graded choirs as assigned.
- Perform other duties as necessary.