The minister of youth is responsible to the pastor or minister of education for assisting the church in planning, coordinating and promoting the youth programs of the church, special youth projects, assignments and events.
- Work with the ministerial staff, appropriate committees and program leaders in planning, evaluating and coordinating all youth ministries of the church.
- Conduct special training projects for youth workers.
- Advise in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies and space by youth groups in all church program organizations.
- Plan and direct youth groups in all church program organizations.
- Plan and direct youth fellowships, retreats and mission trips.
- Plan and direct parenting seminars and workshops.
- Counsel youth and parents as needed.
- Lead in a weekly youth visitation program.
- Conduct weekly youth Bible study.
- Develop relationships with local school officials and be available to speak and/or visit in the schools.
- Remain informed of current trends in youth education programs and youth culture.
- Be alert to win the lost and assist both workers and youth in reaching the unreached.
* This position is often called Minister of Students or Student Minister.