Minister of Recreation (Activities)
The minister of recreation is responsible to the minister of education for planning, conducting and evaluating a program of recreation for church members and other persons in the community.
- Direct the planning, coordinating, conducting and evaluating of the recreational activities in the church.
- Coordinate the scheduling and administer the activities in the recreation center.
- Maintain and supervise the repair of recreational facility.
- Be responsible for the inventory, care, repair and storage of recreation equipment and supplies.
- Work with the nominating committee to recruit and enlist workers for the recreation program.
- Schedule activities of paid and volunteer workers.
- Periodically review and evaluate recreational policies and programs.
- Participate in a weekly hospital and prospect visitation.
- Provide leadership training for both paid and volunteer workers.
- Serve as a recreation resource person and advisor to organizations of the church as requested.
- Provide representation for the church in planning, conducting and evaluating recreation activities that involve other churches and groups.
- Cooperate with associational and state leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.