The minister of music is responsible to the pastor for the total music ministry of the church.
- Direct the planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating of a comprehensive music program in preparing groups, soloists and choirs for internal and external ministry.
- Work with the ministerial staff on special music needs in the total church program.
- Supervise the work of the music ministry staff.
- Work with the nominating committee to enlist and train leaders for the music ministry.
- Work with the pastor in selecting music for regular and special worship services – including weddings, funerals and special projects.
- Coordinate the music program with the organizational calendar and emphases of the church.
- Participate in regular hospital and prospect visitation.
- Monitor the purchasing, maintenance and replacement of all music-related equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Keep informed on music methods, materials, promotion and administration.
- Prepare an annual music budget for approval and administer the budget.
- Direct congregational singing at all regularly scheduled worship services.
- Plan and arrange an “Order of Service” for worship services.
- Cooperate with associational and state leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.