Minister of Children’s Work
The minister of children’s work is responsible to the minister of education for overseeing the planning, coordinating and implementing of a program for children from birth through sixth grade.
- Work with key leaders in the hiring of paid workers and enlisting of volunteers in the birth through sixth grade programs.
- Conduct special training projects for children’s workers in proper relationship to the church program.
- Periodically review church policies and programs with appropriate staff or committees and bring recommendations for needed changes and improvements to the church.
- Assist the staff in planning for and presentation of annual budgets and in overseeing the expenditures of funds.
- Keep abreast of all new materials, programs, methods, etc.
- Work with the media services and minister of recreation to provide needed services.
- Assist with planning and conducting special projects, camps, retreats, etc. for children’s organizations.
- Organize and oversee an ongoing visitation and evangelism program for children and parents.
- Organize and oversee a new Christian orientation program for middle and older children.
- Cooperate with associational and state leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.