Financial Ministry Assistant
The financial secretary is responsible for maintaining the church financial records and preparing financial reports.
- Receive, count and deposit all church offerings.
- Post receipts and disbursements of all accounts according to financial system.
- Post the weekly offerings to individual accounts.
- Reconcile the bank statement monthly.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports for finance committee, deacons and church business meetings.
- Prepare quarterly and annual government reports.
- Check and total all invoices when approved; inform the responsible persons of their budget expenditure.
- Receive and answer questions about financial matters.
- Maintain a file of invoices, correspondence and reports.
- Prepare and issue checks to staff members, designations and organizations in accordance with approved church policy.
- Mail pledge cards, stewardship letters and envelopes to new members.
- Assist in planning and promoting the annual stewardship campaign.
- Perform other tasks as requested.