The custodian is responsible for maintaining clean buildings and grounds and for making minor equipment repairs. The custodian’s supervisor will depend on the size and situation of the church.
- Maintain floors (sweep, mop, buff, clean and wax); dust furniture and equipment; wash walls and windows; and, vacuum carpets according to schedule.
- Maintain clean restrooms and replenish supplies.
- Request cleaning and maintenance supplies and equipment as needed.
- Operate heating and cooling equipment according to schedule and instructions.
- Prepare baptistery for use as directed. Clean baptistery and adjoining areas following baptism.
- Open and close the facilities daily as scheduled.
- Maintain yard area and parking lot surrounding church buildings.
- Check with supervisor daily for special assignments.
- Move furniture, set up tables and chairs for suppers, banquets and other similar occasions; set up educational areas for regular and special activities as assigned.
- Prepare facilities for special use as requested by supervisor.
- Make minor repairs as directed.
- Paint facilities and equipment as needed.
- Assist when facilities and arrangements are needed for weddings and funerals.
- Report general repair needs to supervisor.