The church hostess works with the business administrator in overseeing the scheduling, menu selection, purchasing, preparation, serving and clean up involved in food services.
- Train and supervise kitchen staff members and volunteer servers.
- Plan menus for weekday ministries, Wednesday night supper and special occasions as requested.
- Purchase all necessary food items.
- Maintain high standards of sanitation in the kitchen area to comply with local health and sanitation laws.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of food supplies.
- Arrange for servicing, repairing and replacing equipment in the kitchen as needed.
- Work with the maintenance staff on table and room arrangements for all meals and social functions.
- Maintain accurate records of supplies, costs and operation.