- Assist the staff and other key leaders concerning the need for additional church staff positions and when there are staff vacancies.
- Prepare and update, as necessary, ministry position descriptions for all employed personnel.
- Prepare and maintain an organizational manual relating to the church’s employed personnel.
- Recruit, interview, and recommend to the church new employees.
- Develop and recommend salaries and benefits for employees in all classifications.
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures to the church for employed personnel administration.
- Consult annually with the Budget (Finance) Committee in budgeting for current and future employee salary schedule and benefit provisions.
- Assess ministry (job) performance of each staff member at least annually and be sensitive to job insecurities that may plague them.