Pastor Search Committee
- Secure training and resources from the state convention office or other outside source.
- Conduct an evaluation of the church involving its members.
- Determine the criteria for recommending a pastor and other guidelines for accomplishing the committee’s purpose.
- Evaluate the candidates from resumes and other processed information, using the utmost care and confidentiality.
- Select promising candidates from personal contact and deal with one candidate at a time from the committee’s short list.
- Recommend the best candidate to the church after much prayer, contacts and information; using a thorough presentation time and information process with the church.
- Facilitate the relocation of the new pastor and his family to the church and community.
- Follow through in helping the new pastor make a smooth transition into the church and community.
- Plan a Pastor Installation Service and other appropriate related events which help the pastor and family in this new location.