- Select, interview, and enlist church program organizational leaders, church emphasis program leaders, general officers and certain committees (if designated by church Bylaws), before they are presented to the church for church approval.
- Screen and approve volunteers before they are invited to serve.
- Distribute the most capable leadership among the most pressing needs of the church.
- Assist in discovering and enlisting persons to fill leadership and abilities of church members.
- Devise methods of discovering potential leaders and the gifts and abilities of church members.
- Present the names of volunteers to be elected by the church.
- Coordinate the filling of vacancies of volunteer workers and leaders as they occur during the church year.
* This committee is sometimes called Ministry Placement Committee.