- Determine the content for the Constitution and Bylaws.
- Locate and compile all written copies of Policies and Procedures the church has already approved.
- Interview all program leaders, council chairpersons, committee chairpersons and staff to discover what policies and procedures are being used that have not been written down.
- Codify all policies and procedures that are being used, but have not been written down as discovered by the interviews conducted in step 3.
- Compile and assimilate a comprehensive first-draft document for committee consideration of a proposed constitution and bylaws.
- Agree on a comprehensive first-draft document.
- Take the comprehensive first-draft document, section by section, back to the program groups, councils, committees, and staff affected by the documents to obtain additional input.
- Make necessary changes to each section of the document after completing step 7 and agree on them in committee.
- Bring each section of the completed document to the church for approval and implementation.
- Receive suggestions, input, matters referred from the church, etc. and make recommendations back to the church on these issues and other matters concerning Constitution-Bylaws-Policies.