Building and Grounds Committee
- Oversee the safe-keeping, protection, maintenance and repair of church facilities, furnishing, and attached equipment such as heating, cooling, lighting and storage.
- Make sure that all furnishings and equipment are properly working.
- Make recommendations on replacement of worn items or equipment, landscaping, and care of grounds and parking facilities.
- Make recommendations to the Budget (Finance) Committee as to necessary funds to provide for the annual maintenance of all facilities, furnishings and grounds.
- Take actions in emergency situations regarding church facilities, furnishings and grounds.
- Serve as a resource team when the church considers securing additional or selling property and furnishings.
- Serve as a resource team in facility safety, security and crime prevention issues.
- Conduct annual inventory, inspection and evaluation of all church property and equipment.
- Make recommendations concerning maintenance and usage of church parking facilities and signage.
- Assist and support the church custodial personnel in matters related to the building and grounds.
* This committee often is called Maintenance, Property & Space, Facilities Management, or House & Grounds.