Budget (Finance) Committee
- Coordinate the submission of program financial needs and prepare an annual itemized budget for approval by the church, and once approved, the administration of this budget.
- Recommend and maintain appropriate fiscal policies for the church.
- Prepare with the Treasurer and/or Financial Secretary a monthly financial report of all receipts and disbursements for the business meeting.
- Coordinate fiscal and personnel activities with church staff, committees, and programs.
- Provide an annual report of all financial activities (receipts, disbursements and investments) to the church.
- Assist the Audit Committee as requested.
- Provide input on non-budgeted items, advise on budget revisions or adjustments, consider special offerings, and make recommendations concerning these issues to the church.
- Advise the church on financial transactions as to soundness and effect on the financial structure and standing of the church.
- Work closely with the Properties and Insurance Committee and other committees involving church funds as requested.
* Some churches combine this committee with the Stewardship Committee.