- Develop, recommend and oversee policies and procedures which establish the type, amount, and frequency of assistance to individuals or families who request assistance.
- Locate church members and community persons who can provide appropriate assistance.
- Work with other groups in the church which provide benevolent actions and make recommendations of these ministries.
- Survey and determine available community agencies and their resources.
- Make recommendation to Budget (Finance) Committee for monies needed for ministering to people and coordinate special funding provisions for benevolent ministries.
- Investigate and administer benevolence resources as needed.
- Make reports to the church according to policy.
- Inform and involve the church members to support benevolent ministry.