- Make sure that all necessary baptismal equipment and facilities are available and ready prior to each baptismal service.
- Notify candidates for baptism well in advance of the scheduled baptism, and provide the pastor with a list of those to be present.
- Arrange with the pastor and candidates for a period of instruction regarding the baptism.
- Prepare name tags of candidates for identification purposes.
- Keep an official record of baptisms.
- Assist candidates during the baptism.
- Assist the pastor at baptismal time.
- Perform necessary cleanup after the baptism.
- Conduct annual inspections of the baptismal facilities and equipment.
- Recommend to the Building and Grounds Committee additional or different equipment and space as needed.
- Serve as a resource in the church about the ordinance of baptism.