- Conduct an annual audit of the church financial records and make a report to the church. The frequency of the audit(s) will be determined by church financial policies.
- Secure an independent audit of the church financial records and system when requested, or according to church policy, and make the report to the church.
- Make recommendations concerning church financial records, accounting system, personnel, equipment and operations to the church and respective church leaders.
- Clarify to the church the types of audits available and needed by the church at various times and situations.
- Assist the Treasurer, Financial Ministry Assistant, and Budget (Finance) Committee, Pastor, Staff and Deacons on financial operations, policies, effectiveness, efficiency, tax reporting, federal and state laws compliance and other financial matters as requested.