Conducting Bible Studies
- Get approval of jail and prison officials to begin Bible Study.
- Have all materials used pre-approved by chaplain or program director.
- Use a wide variety of Scripture passages not just familiar ones.
- Teach Scriptures on the following subjects as well as basic Christian understandings.
- How to love and be loved
- How to forgive and be forgiven
- How to live ethically
- How to take responsibility for own actions
- How to help inmates visualize ways to become useful members of God’s family
- Use common language, stories, drawings and objects to keep attention.
- Have a time for questions and answers.
- Have a strategy for follow up when decisions are made.