- Churches and associations in developing, conducting, and strengthening ministries that reach out and minister to the needs of “prison world” people.
- Prison administrations and/or program agencies by providing worship services, discipleship/Bible study opportunities, and personal ministry to inmates.
- By conducting specialized volunteer and staff training upon request.
We offer churches and associations:
- Personal office and on-field consultation
- Basic training for volunteers
- Ministry awareness conferences
- Planning and guidance information
- Specialized volunteer training for inmate, family, ex-offender/family, and victim ministry
We offer prison administrations and program agencies:
- Assistance in selection, training, supervision and evaluation of the designated chaplain, who may be volunteer or employed.
- Assistance in enlistment, selection, training, assignment, supervision and evaluation of religious program volunteers.
- Provision of the Discipleship/Evangelism Program, an in-depth Bible study that provides opportunities of spiritual growth and development for inmates. This is a program offered through the Men’s Ministry Department. Only selected, trained Criminal Justice Ministry volunteers will provide leadership for the Bible study. Specifically selected and approved materials will be provided by the Men’s Ministry Department.
- Provision of specialized training for volunteers and staff.
Criminal Justice Resources
For more information and training:
601.752.2021 – home (preferred)
601.721.0264 – cell
John W. Henry
601.508.0293 – cell