MBCB Restart Conversation Guide for MBCB Churches – As we prayerfully considering returning to physical gatherings, churches must be particularly sensitive to both the needs of their congregants and health directives recommended by appropriate authorities. (Note: These questions are not intended to prescribe when a church should reopen but to think through the process of reopening.)
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
U.S. Department of State
Mississippi Office of the Governor
Mississippi State Department of Health
Mississippi Department of Education
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention
LifeWay Christian Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention
GuideStone Financial Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention
Mississippi Baptist Medical Center – Jackson
Engage in Focused Prayer
By Dr. John Pace, Director
Pastor/Leadership Development Department
Mississippi Baptist Convention Board
– Encourage your church, ministers, and leaders to pray without ceasing for God’s healing, blessing, protection, provision, and comfort during these difficult days for our state, nation, and world.
– Call for and establish regular prayer meetings and groups — online and in person – throughout this time of struggle.
– Needed areas of prayer that God’s people need to lift up include:
– For God to eradicate this virus and protect and save lives.
– For healing for those who have been infected.
– For comfort and strength for families where there has been the death of a loved one related to COVID-19.
– For wisdom, strength, and blessing on our President, Governor, and other governmental leaders guiding us through these times.
-For protection, blessing, and guidance for the medical professionals caring for people with the virus.
-For knowledge, wisdom, and blessing for the medical researchers and scientists doing research to combat the virus.
– For Christians and churches to be Christ-like powerful and faithful servants to our people and communities during this time.
– For provision and blessing for those affected economically by the virus.
– For safety and blessing on missionaries around the world.
– For God to be glorified and the Gospel of Christ to be advanced in the midst of the difficult and trying challenges of these days.
Disclaimer: This communication is designed to provide accurate and authoritative information for the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that the Mississippi Baptist Convention Board and its employees are not engaged (employed) to render health, medical, epidemiological, or other specific services. If such advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought.