Smaller Church Preschool Sunday School Leader Job Descriptions
Preschool Sunday School Job Description:
The class/department organization for preschoolers ages birth-pre first is based on ages. A minimum of two leaders is needed in every preschool department no matter the number of preschoolers.
Working with preschoolers in Sunday School involves more than just teaching girls and boys on Sunday morning. Reaching, teaching, witnessing to their parents, caring for, fellowshipping with, and helping preschoolers to worship are all part of helping them know about Jesus and God.
The following represents what should happen in each class/department by preschool leadership.
happens before the teaching session begins.
- Prepares Bible Study time in advance.
- Obtains teaching materials and supplies prior to session.
- Arrives on time, ahead of time (at least 15 minutes ).
happens during the Sunday School period.
- Greets preschoolers and their parents at the door as they arrive.
- Maintains security system.
- Bible Learning Centers help preschoolers to be an active participant in learning. 40-45 minutes (for 1’s – kindergarten)
- Cleaning up-5-10 minutes
- Group time 10-15 minutes (for 3’s – kindergarten)
- Transition to ETC 5-10 minutes
- Teaches in extended session.
- Participates regularly in both corporate and personal worship.
- Contacts absentees and visitors (prospects) weekly.
- If your church participates in FAITH, is an active member of a FAITH team.
- Secures literature and other supplies and resources.
- Reaches out to find and enroll preschoolers who need to be in Sunday School.
- Witnesses to their families.
- Fellowships with preschoolers and their families.
- Ministers to preschoolers and their families.