Download a PDF of this article
Importance Of Prayer – Even Jesus Prayed.
- Luke 6:12 – One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God.
- Luke 22:41 – He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed.
- Luke 23:34 – Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing” …
- Matthew 14:23 – After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. …
- Matthew 26:36 – The Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here
while I go over there and pray.”
- John 17:20-21 – “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their
message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. …
One Way To Pray Is To Let Scripture Guide Your Prayers.
2 Timothy 3:16 – All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in
righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Examples Of Scripture Verses To Use In Prayer:
- Luke 11:1 – One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him,
“Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”
- Romans 8:26 – In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. WE do not know what we ought to
pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
- 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins …
- Isaiah 40:29 – He gives strength to the weary …
- Isaiah 30:21 – … “This is the way, walk in it.”
- James 1:5-6 – If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives …
- Psalm 147:3 – He heals the brokenhearted …
- Forgive others – Mark 11:25
- Pray for country – 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Meet needs – Philippians 4:19
- Have troubles – Psalm 46:1
- Direction for others – Colossians 1:9
- Hope – Psalm 27:13
- Praise to God – Psalm 9:1
- Give thanks – I Chronicles 16:8
- Service – Isaiah 6:8
- Anxiety & Peace – Philippians 4:6-7
- Direction for me – Proverbs 3:5-6
- Help – Psalm 40:13