How the Basic Training works
Phase I: Where are we now?
The planter and mentor explore the following questions:
- Were the vision, values, profile, and mission developed during Basic Training on target? What adjustments were made
following BT? How were these planning components refocused?
- Are there some areas that now need to be adjusted due to a growing understanding of God, focus group, etc?
- What needs to be done in the year ahead to communicate the vision, values and mission statement?
- How on target for the new church field was the strategy? What parts of the strategy need to be redesigned as a result of
better understanding of the field and focus group?
- How much of the “Milepost” exercise from Basic Training has been achieved?
To do this effectively they will need:
- The original planning components from Basic Training
- Current demographics on the church field and statistics on the new church
Phase II: What is the next level to which we need to move?
The planter, spouse, mentor, and members begin to look into the next year.
- What is God’s desire for this church as it faithfully carries out the Great Commission in its setting?
- What is the “next level” for this church?
- What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for the church?
- What limiting factors do we face at this time?
- Attitudes/personality of the church
- What organizational changes need to occur?
- What leadership needs to be developed for the adjusted organization?
- C1 and C2 leaders
- Pastoral style changes
- What resources need to be developed or gathered for this movement?